About Me

My photo
Merry Meet and Welcome! I have created RavensWing’s Musings as a place to blog about my life, my spiritual path and how I balance the mundane with the mystical. From holding down a day job to working passionately on RavensWing, my business that feeds my soul. Here you will find my musings on ritual and spiritual ideas, as well as reviews on ritual products that RavensWing carries As well as the occasional blurb on issues that are near and dear to my heart. So with that said, come join me around the fire…..there is plenty of room... Blessed Be!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year and A Toast to New Beginnings!





Happy New Year!  We all associate new beginnings with the New Year, after we see the first light of the Winter Solstice sunrise we are reassured that spring is on its way, bringing new life into the world. With that said I found in my Book of Shadows a New Beginnings Ritual that I created years ago and wanted to share.

Candle Spell for New Beginnings




Tools you will need:



  • Sacred space or Altar (create as you see fit. Can be as simple as one item representing each of the elements. Feather for Air, small tea light candle for fire , bowl of water for Water, a stone for Earth and something that represents you for Spirit)
  • One purple Candle
  • Small Cauldron, or offering bowl
  • Matches
  • Pen and Paper



You will want to sit and think about new beginnings, see where in your life you can let go to make room for the new. What no longer serves you?  The secret to good new beginnings is to make sure you are ready to make a fresh start. That you clear away the clutter and are at peace with your past and you are able to let it go. This could be endings in a relationship, a job, a situation or feeling that is not for your highest and best good.

At this time, I want you to write down what it is that no longer serves you on a piece of paper, and as you write envision it dissolving out of your life.  Once finished, take your cauldron or offering bowl and burn the paper. Knowing that the flames are destroying to make room for new growth and rebirth.  Let the paper burn into ashes and put the bowl aside.

Now that you have let go of these unwanted feelings, allow yourself to see the world through a child’s eye. See things fresh and crisp!  And as children know so well all things are possible if you believe in yourself and think about what new beginning you are seeking.

Next take the purple candle and set it in front of you and as you light the candle and watch the flame burn, speak out loud the following intention:

My Life begins today
I see new beginnings everywhere I look
In Nature I see the promise of renewal
I see the birth of new ideas
I see others and myself with fresh eyes.
I celebrate this moment, which will never be again
I release my ties to the past,
And come in peace with an open heart,
And step into my new beginning.

** Speak your New Beginning Intention 3 times and see it before you***

Blessed Be! 

Now that you are finished take the bowl of ashes and bury them outside in the Earth and know that you are now ready to make a fresh start. 

Wishing you the Brightest of Blessings for this coming year! 

Rayven

No comments:

Post a Comment