About Me

My photo
Merry Meet and Welcome! I have created RavensWing’s Musings as a place to blog about my life, my spiritual path and how I balance the mundane with the mystical. From holding down a day job to working passionately on RavensWing, my business that feeds my soul. Here you will find my musings on ritual and spiritual ideas, as well as reviews on ritual products that RavensWing carries As well as the occasional blurb on issues that are near and dear to my heart. So with that said, come join me around the fire…..there is plenty of room... Blessed Be!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Dancing with Snake; Connecting to my Inner Self.




My mind has wandered to snakes tonight and how they always seem to get the short end of the stick.  Snakes have been linked over the years with so many negative connotations. However the serpent has long been a symbol of the sexual and creative life force within humans as is taught in many traditions.

For myself I see the snake as a way to embrace my creativity, sensuality and healing. It is a way for me to bring my awareness back to my wild self in all her beauty and above all else “Loving the skin I am in”  I have to laugh when I type this for the snake sheds it’s skin, but then so do I. I shed my skin, I shed the box the society wants to put me in, I shed stereotypes, perceptions and I keep on moving on my own path that I create.   Sometimes it is easy and other times…not so much.

How do I do this?   Movement, dance and enjoying the way my body feels when I move. Often times before ritual or just to relax I dance.  I put on some great music and I let myself go, swaying  my hips, being very conscious of my breath, moving my arms, throwing in some slow belly dance moves. Sometimes I end up on the ground , undulating, slithering and calling up the serpent. Opening up my senses, my taste, my smell, my mind I become the serpent.  In moments like this I feel more at ease, more sensual and powerful.
 
Along with this dance you can include affirmations:

I am Creative ~ I am Sensual ~ I am Fire ~ I am Power~ I am Priestess

This movement brings me back to my center, and I land smack dab in the middle of ME, and then I am ready to move into whatever my focus is at that very moment. 

I would love to hear how you connect to your inner self. 

Blessed Be!
Kat

1 comment: