About Me

My photo
Merry Meet and Welcome! I have created RavensWing’s Musings as a place to blog about my life, my spiritual path and how I balance the mundane with the mystical. From holding down a day job to working passionately on RavensWing, my business that feeds my soul. Here you will find my musings on ritual and spiritual ideas, as well as reviews on ritual products that RavensWing carries As well as the occasional blurb on issues that are near and dear to my heart. So with that said, come join me around the fire…..there is plenty of room... Blessed Be!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Music that Stirs the Soul



Blessings all!

Well it has been a while since I have blogged!  Tonight as I sat working on the RavensWing website I was listening to music. Music has a way of bringing things to the surface for me. A vast array of emotions can rise to the surface with hearing a song or tune. My musical tastes covers a wide range of genres, much to my husband’s dismay lol   So tonight I sat and thought about all the music over the years that I have used in ritual or just in quiet contemplation. I have picked three songs that that I never get tired of hearing.


My first choice is a song from Loreena Mckennitt I can remember exactly where I was the first time I heard it. I was watching Full Circle a documentary by Starhawk. Her voice brought to life the sacred and stirred my soul. Over the years I have used her music in ritual and just in 
mediation. 

The Mystic's Dream 


Celtic Women - The voice

From the first time I heard this song it expressed things that I could not put into words, but how I felt about the world around me. The voice of The Mother that calls to us all. 




And last but not least R Carlos Nakai - Desert song. I have spent many nights under a full moon listening to this song. The haunting sounds of his flute never cease to sooth my soul.






So what music stirs your soul?



No comments:

Post a Comment