About Me

My photo
Merry Meet and Welcome! I have created RavensWing’s Musings as a place to blog about my life, my spiritual path and how I balance the mundane with the mystical. From holding down a day job to working passionately on RavensWing, my business that feeds my soul. Here you will find my musings on ritual and spiritual ideas, as well as reviews on ritual products that RavensWing carries As well as the occasional blurb on issues that are near and dear to my heart. So with that said, come join me around the fire…..there is plenty of room... Blessed Be!

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Path to Silence - Shakey Bridge, Wales


                                                                  
My first visit to Wales was such an exciting experience, I was walking into the land of the mists. The home of Mryddin and the Cymru people whose myths fueled my fantasies as a young child. Wales was more than my imagination could have ever conjured up.  A beautiful rugged countryside that takes your breath away and transports you into the past. 

The Path 
One of the many spots that my husband took me to was Shakey Bridge as the locals call it. It was home to a fortified outpost called Cefnllys built in the 12th century and left to ruins.  The path to Shakey Bridge was a beautiful walk, the bridge crosses over the river Ithon and you find yourself walking up a path right out of a lord of the Rings.
 Tower of St.Micheal's Church
The path opens up to a huge meadow of sorts which a 12th century church stands. We spent quite a bit of time in this beautiful place. The quiet sounds of the meadow that we shared with crows and other woodland creatures. For the first time in years I realized the true meaning of “simple”. As we sat on a log looking out at the countryside that surrounded us, I realized all that was truly important.  This place gave me a sense of stillness and comfortable silence that I had never really experienced.

From this place I learned what it meant to be silent and to take in my surroundings. In doing so I found myself relaxing for the first time in years and opening up to nature, love and new beginnings. 


Blessed Be!
Kat




No comments:

Post a Comment