About Me

My photo
Merry Meet and Welcome! I have created RavensWing’s Musings as a place to blog about my life, my spiritual path and how I balance the mundane with the mystical. From holding down a day job to working passionately on RavensWing, my business that feeds my soul. Here you will find my musings on ritual and spiritual ideas, as well as reviews on ritual products that RavensWing carries As well as the occasional blurb on issues that are near and dear to my heart. So with that said, come join me around the fire…..there is plenty of room... Blessed Be!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Spell Working, Manifesting in Reality




In this day an age I look around and things are moving at such a fast pace. We live in a world that pushes us to achieve, to succeed no matter what the cost to our pocketbook or our very own souls. How does this affect Spell working you ask?


Well within this you will find Spiritual Band-Aids, the ones that promise one spell to fix all or bring you everything you desire…Love, Sex, Money and Spiritual Enlightenment. In reality, there are no quick fixes and enlightenment is not for sale. I have walked the long hard road of magical discovery, and failings.  I am speaking from experience.


I say this being in the business of selling ritual and spiritual items. I am a firm believer in spiritual tools, candles, and herbs. For they help us bring our intention into the world in a physical form.  In talking the other day with a customer who is new to the path and was looking for guidance for candles spells. We sat and went through all the different types of candles that I offer for spell working. We talked about each and giving her instructions on "how to" but also letting her know that  once she lights her candle spell, she also has work to do in conjunction with her magickal intent. 

I know for myself, I need visual representations of things I want to bring into the world. I do not take spell working lightly. I can say if my intention is true and followed by action it will come to pass. Put into very simple terms by someone very near and dear to me “Spell work is 99 % Action and 1% Magick” Not because some mystical force has created this reality for me, but because I have.  I have channeled my intention through me, laid down my intent before the Goddess and God, and by my actions I create my own destiny.

There are many different types of spell working, i.e.; candle spells, herbal spells, written spells and song spells. There is an infinite amount of ways to create a spell.  The most simple and easy way is to light a candle.  It can be as simple as tea light, or more advanced with a specific candle that has been charged magically with a purpose. The spell is a physical representation of our Intent.  We are standing up and stating our intention and declaring our dedication to do what it takes to bring the desired outcome into our world.

But the true magick is the power that we all hold within ourselves. Our very own magick that manifests itself in the form of right action, determination, and dedication to a specific goal.  By lighting our spell candle we are reminding ourselves to stay true to the path, to sit quietly and delve deep into ourselves and create the life we wish to live.

And on a funny note: I found this….” I meditate.  I burn candles.  I drink green tea.  And I still want to smack somebody. -From a Post-It Note” 


I can so relate lol  



Namaste,
Rayven

1 comment: