About Me

My photo
Merry Meet and Welcome! I have created RavensWing’s Musings as a place to blog about my life, my spiritual path and how I balance the mundane with the mystical. From holding down a day job to working passionately on RavensWing, my business that feeds my soul. Here you will find my musings on ritual and spiritual ideas, as well as reviews on ritual products that RavensWing carries As well as the occasional blurb on issues that are near and dear to my heart. So with that said, come join me around the fire…..there is plenty of room... Blessed Be!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Gift from the Heart ~ My Magickal Box

My Magickal Oak Box! 
I have been blessed with a gift that will last me a lifetime and perhaps generations to come.  My Magickal Box!  This box was made for me by Pete, who is an amazing woodworker and my husband’s best friend. I had no idea he was creating this amazing box and it was a complete surprise! 
Interior sections of wooden box

This gift was one from the heart and one that was created with thought on how I would use it in my ritual work. Made in the UK, the box is hand crafted of solid oak. All of the corners are perfectly dovetailed  ( no nails or screws) The are two sections of the box a top section and a lower more deeper section for ritual items that may be slightly larger to carry.

Top Section 
The top section I have my oils, tea lights, altar cloths, cord, feathers and my athame, Even with all of these items I still have room to add more if needed.

Bottom Section
I love the lower section of my box, it is deeper and allows me to add my ritual items that need more depth.  It is a perfect fit for my mini cauldron and has sections for my divination tools ; such as tarot cards or rune stones.
  

                                   Hand Forged Hinge                                                                            
What is most amazing are the hand forged hinges by a traditional blacksmith. This particular attention to detail just adds to the value of this already beautiful box.  

Pentacle on Lid
Another feature that I just love is the pentacle that is burnt into the wood with inlaid black border. The box in itself is a portable altar! 


I am so grateful and just blown away at the time and effort put in to this one of a kind gift, he is even a non believer!!! lol

 There are no words of expression that I can use to describe how I felt and feel every time I open my box.....other than OMG!  lol   Who says I need mediation to get into my magickal groove....all I have to do is open my box and I am there!

Have a wonderful week all!

Rayven

(A very happy witch) 

RavensWing

If you are looking for a box for your ritual items check out our boxes :
RavensWing Boxes


                     
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment