I
have been on this path for many years and the one thing that eluded me over
time was dedication to one particular Goddess.
I was forever rebelling against the idea. But in hindsight I fear I was not worthy of
the one who lingered in the background waiting. Waiting for a time when I would
step up and claim my power.
The
road to dedication was a long windy road for me. Starting out by working
solitaire I maneuvered my way through books, dreams and my own intuition on how
things should be done. This solitary work allowed my own magical realm to be
created, and from which I stayed for many many years. Though my skills
sharpened, my ability to create rituals, spell working flourished when I
started my very own circle. We had one rule;
we all come to the circles as equals. In this setting it allowed us to grow
with each other, learn from each other and heal in some ways.
My
spiritual work was powerful, deep with and entirely internal. I was in my head
way to much of the time. I wanted to get lost in the magical world I had
created. I had shifted my focus so much
inward, and in the realms where Spirit spoke to me I forgot what was going on
around me. I found the real world lacking and full of disappointment, so I
embraced my inner world.
I
studied many different aspects to paganism, pulling from different traditions
but never standing up and saying this is me and this is my path. I am an initiated
Priestess of the Avalon Tradition, in the Sept of the Swan. This was a year and
day training. At the time I needed focus and something to stick to, so I
decided to do the work. It was very powerful and the amount if inner work that
I did was very good for me. At the end on the day of initiation I was to
dedicate myself to one Goddess, but I couldn’t. I still was not ready. I then
switched gears branching into the shamanic realm, when I was preparing for my
first trip to Ireland and heard the call of The Morrigan.
Though
all of early years I faced many challenges to my spiritual path. People not
understanding afraid of whom I was becoming as I moved into my power. However I
truly did not know what that was until now.
What
I lacked was balance, I did not know who to bring my magick into reality. I had
no comprehension that I needed to get out into the world and experience things
which I could bring back to my path. It
wasn’t until I met my now husband that I came face to face with moving out of
my head and into the real world.
It
wasn’t easy, my safe haven was in my head, all of my energy I drew to infuse my
workings came from within, which is good, but lacks the power of real life
experience. So he opened up the door to reclaiming my heritage, my roots and dragging
me into reality.
So
I choose heed The Morrigan's call and I answered, I dedicated my path to her.
Whom
did you choose?
Rayven


No comments:
Post a Comment